Monday, February 16, 2009

Stuff dreams are made of..

Not that people like hearing about other people's dreams...seriously, I don't think anyone really does. But I have, for at least a year been having a reoccurring theme in my dreams. It involves me trying to call someone in my dream, consistently, and not being able to dial the number correctly or the phone is broken or something. It's crazy! I've tried to google it of course, to no avail. It's pretty strange. It's always me trying to call a particular person too. I don't know if my subconscious is telling me that that person is "just out of reach" or "unavailable" or what. Just strange.

I had some weird dreams last night. I love dreaming. I can honestly say that I truly enjoy dreaming whether they're good or bad. Whether it's seeing deceased family members, talking to friends I haven't seen in awhile, riding crazy amusement park rides, or being chased by someone with a chainsaw, they're all great! Perhaps it's because my life can be so boring at times. I shouldn't complain, I have a trillion things to be grateful for.

Gosh, I feel as if my life has been so uneventful lately, yet so many changes have just occurred all at once. Did you ever just hope for something really surprising to happen? Again, I shouldn't be asking for anything...I'm not trying to act as if I am ungrateful but ....you know. I've wanted to travel lately. I'm so antsy. I want a big change, something to catch me off guard, something wonderful to think about. I feel like I get it wrong all the time- except on Jeopardy, I'm a whiz at Jeopardy! haha.

Total subject change.

I am totally a sucker for fantastic music- more so music that moves me in some way. Of course, my music tastes are probably absrtactlty different from many people. Naturally, the music I enjoy depends on what I'm doing. Like, if I'm getting ready to go out, I like listening to "peppy" or "fun" music. And well, right now I'm listening to my "mellow" playlist which is a montage of "girly" folk music and songs that I really get into as far as lyrics. In the mornings, I tend to lean towards my "rock out" playlist. I have a ton of favorite lines in songs and I've compiled them all! Now, I'm one of those people who likes to use my OWN words to fit to situations and feelings, but seriously, sometimes you just hear that one song that just hits the nail right on the head....and isn't that the point? Don't we all want to relate to something? It makes us feel better about the situation, or at least it makes me feel better- even if it triggers some emotion is the midst of it all, hence the power of the art of music! Ah yes..

No comments:

Post a Comment